TRIBUTES are pouring in to the legendary singer Nancy Wilson after her death at the age of 81. Here’s what we know about the jazz, soul and pop legend, whose extraordinary gift for story-telling captivated millions over six decades in showbiz. What was Nancy Wilson’s cause of death? Her manager Devra Hall Levy said Nancy had died peacefully after a long illness at her home in Pioneertown, a California desert community near Joshua Tree National Park, on December 13, 2018. The singer’s incredible life began 81 years earlier on February 20, 1937, in Chillicothe, Ohio. She was the first of six children born to Olden Wilson, a supervisor at an iron foundry, and Lilian Ryan, a maid. Nancy began singing at the age of 4, and by the age of ten was the lead singer in a local choir. She cut her first record for Dot Records, but nurtured her talent for a further seven years before she moved to New York in 1959. During her prime she would release three albums in a single year, and used her high profile to break down racial stereotypes. Alongside her astonishing musical career, Nancy was also a lifelong campaigner for civil rights. In 1967,… Read full this story
- Nancy Wilson Exudes Well-Worn Wisdom on Her Solo Debut, ‘You and Me’
- Eight playlists to listen to at work | Best songs for work | Digital Trends
- Have a Listen to the 50 Best Songs About Friendship | Digital Trends
- A wealth of rich tunes: Cash in with the best songs about money
- H.E.R. Wins Best Song at the Oscars: 'I'm Always Going To Fight for Us'
- H.E.R. Says Oscar Nomination for Best Song Is 'Icing on the Cake': It's the 'Process' I Love
- The Best Albums of 2015
- MUSIC; What Jazz Is - and Isn't
- The Best Albums of 2016 (So Far)
- Jazz Music and the Afterlife: Here's How Pixar's Soul Came to Be
What was Nancy Wilson’s cause of death and what were the jazz singer’s best songs? have 307 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.