MPs are set to vote on the Prime Minister’s proposed Brexit withdrawal agreement. She’s been pleading with them to back her deal. But now it’s time for the House of Commons to make a decision. All the signs are that MPs will reject Theresa May’s plan – but we won’t know for sure until voting takes place. It’s due to begin at 7pm, but there may be a number of votes and we don’t know how long the whole process will last. If MPs reject the deal then the Prime Minister is expected to make a short statement tonight explaining what she plans to do next, with a longer statement on Monday. Attention will also focus on Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. He may attempt to force a general election by proposing a motion of no confidence in the government. Read More Brexit news Follow live updates below: Key Events What time will voting start? 17:15 What happens if the deal is approved? 16:13 How many votes does Theresa May need to pass her Brexit deal? 16:02 Newcastle leader Nick Forbes joins Sadiq Khan and Andy Burnham to oppose no-deal 15:32 The House of Commons will vote on four amendments… Read full this story
- Labour’s Left Wing Sees Jeremy Corbyn and a Socialist Future Emerging From the Wreckage of Brexit
- Theresa May – and Britain – remain locked in Brexit purgatory
- PMQs: Jeremy Corbyn demands immediate vote on Brexit deal
- To stop vote meddling, Western leaders have to want to do something about it
- Tory MPs revolt over Boris Johnson’s plans to drag them back to Parliament to vote
- Brexiteers Kate Hoey and Claire Fox Make Peers List — But Not Remainer Bercow
- What does the Russia report mean for British people and politics?
- David Camer-Gone: Theresa May Takes Over As Britain’s PM
- Meghan Markle says 'George Floyd's life mattered' in speech on US protests at her former school in LA and waited until now because she 'wanted to say the right thing and I was really nervous'
- Triumph and tumult: The story of Boris Johnson's first year as prime minister
Brexit vote LIVE: What time is the House of Commons vote? have 344 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.