Life by Press Association January 29, 2019, 12:03 am Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter David Bowie’s cousin has recalled growing up with the famed musician and the “very cold” night the star was born in south London. Kristina Amadeus was there the evening Bowie’s mother Margaret gave birth and in 1971 she hosted Bowie at her flat in New York where she was working as a theatrical agent. She was four-and-a-half when Bowie was born at his family’s Brixton home on January 8 1947. Speaking to the Radio Times, she said: “I was in the house the night that David was born. I remember it being very cold, and hearing my Aunty Peggy shouting all night, and wondering what on earth was going on. “The next morning, my Uncle John [Bowie’s father] put me in this stuffed armchair, right at the back so my little legs were just hanging over the side. Then he put this tiny baby in my lap, wrapped up like a sausage. That was David. I was proud as punch. She also spoke of growing up with the well-loved figure, revealing that watching science fiction horror on television had made him… Read full this story
- All the Ways That David Bowie Changed Our Lives and Expanded Our Minds
- Inside the Surreal Mind of ‘Twin Peaks’ Creator David Lynch
- Yo La Tengo and David Cross (barely) remember “Sugarcube” 20 years later
- Making of 'Roma': How Alfonso Cuaron Painstakingly Re-created His Youth in Mexico City
- Quentin Tarantino On ‘Once Upon A Time’, His Vision Of ‘Star Trek’ As ‘Pulp Fiction’ In Space, And Hopes To Turn Leo DiCaprio ’50s Western ‘Bounty Law’ Into Series
- Celebrity deaths 2019: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year
- Sundance Unveils Female-Powered Lineup Featuring Taylor Swift, Gloria Steinem, Abortion Road Trip Drama
- How Duff McKagan Got Woke
- The 10 Best Musical TV Moments of 2017
- Part 5: 1994: Kurt Cobain is dead! Long live Soundgarden!
David Bowie’s cousin recalls star’s Brixton birth and ‘quirkily creative’ youth have 316 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.