Plans for a new yoga studio have been given the green light by council bosses despite concerns over parking. Proposals were submitted to Hartlepool Borough Council last year to convert an empty studio flat in Southburn Terrace into a yoga studio.However two residents submitted objections over parking concerns in the area stating they already had existing issues due to traffic for nearby Stranton Primary School. The plans were from yoga teacher Shona Ord who said the site would be occupied by The Banyan Tree Yoga Studio and classes would not be expected to involve more than 12 people.Council planning officers said talks with the traffic and transport team found there would be no substantial parking issues due to the class times and pupil numbers and approved the proposals.The plans requested opening hours from Monday to Friday of 11am until 2pm and 4.30pm until 7pm and on Saturday from 10am until noon, in order to avoid school times.A report from senior planning officer James Blythe said: “It is considered that the proposal is acceptable with respect to the impact on the visual amenity of the application site and the character and appearance of the surrounding area.“The application is considered on balance… Read full this story
- New Menus, New Bourbon, New Yoga Retreat
- Kyle House Fitness Achieves green|light Certification
- What’s New in The Palm Beaches, 2018
- Building a Film Community at Renegade Studios
- New Year's Eve 2018: Dozens of Things to Do in and Around Denver
- Get in shape at one of these 10 Birmingham fitness studios
- Need to get centered? Yoga practice primer can help you find your flow
- Weekend Warriors: A New Month, New Ways to Sweat!
- Dense new Carson housing project would bring total new homes to nearly 900 since 2013
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of YOGA, IMMU and DXC
Planners give the green light to new yoga studio in Hartlepool have 305 words, post on www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.