By Associated Press | | PUBLISHED: January 21, 2019 at 5:21 am | UPDATED: January 21, 2019 at 5:21 am By JUANA SUMMERS WASHINGTON — Kamala Harris, a first-term senator and former California attorney general known for her rigorous questioning of President Donald Trump’s nominees, entered the Democratic presidential race on Monday. Vowing to “bring our voices together,” Harris would be the first woman to hold the presidency and the second African-American if she succeeds. Harris, a daughter of immigrant parents who grew up in Oakland, California, is one of the earliest high-profile Democrats to join what is expected to be a crowded field. She made her long anticipated announcement on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “I am running for president of the United States,” she said. “And I’m very excited about it.” The 54-year old portrayed herself as a fighter for justice, decency and equality in a video distributed by her campaign as she announced her bid. “They’re the values we as Americans cherish, and they’re all on the line now,” Harris says in the video. “The future of our country depends on you and millions of others lifting our voices to fight for our American values.” Harris launched her… Read full this story
- The Latest: Trump says he's had enough presidential debates
- The Latest: Utah Sen. Lee to endorse Cruz for president
- University of Missouri protests grow after athletes jump in
- Joe Biden: We Should ‘Build Upon’ Obamacare
- Elizabeth Warren Erupts at John Delaney for Calling Her Plans ‘Fairy Tale Economics’
- Tiger’s tales take another turn, but how does the story end?
- The Latest: Trump willing to broker deal with Palestinians
- The Latest: Trump backs comment that 'Islam' hates us
- The Latest: Rubio and Trump debate views toward Islam
- The Latest: Trump notes lack of attacks by rivals in debate
Sen. Kamala Harris jumps into Democratic presidential race have 290 words, post on www.dailybreeze.com at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.