There’s something about an island resort that appeals. Images of sun-kissed days, long warm days cooled by sea-scented breezes, and slow meandering walks along beaches – whether in hues of powder white or midnight black – spring easily to mind. Sometimes, the mental montage includes one’s frolicking children tumbling and laughing through foam-flecked surf. Sometimes, it’s of romantic post-dinner walks under a luminous moon and a blanket of soft stars. Yes, perhaps it’s all a little hyperbolic in a Hollywood fantasy kind of way, but the idea of getting away from it all on a sun-lit island, far from the madding crowds of the city, has long fascinated intrepid travellers. And happily, these days, island resorts around the world are going out of their way to help make that fantasy come true by offering everything from fine wines and state-of-the-art entertainment systems to berthing facilities for everything from a schooner to a mega-yacht.THAT’S ENTERTAINMENTThe great thing about an island resort is that you can choose to lie supine on a massage bed all day (our preferred option, to be honest), or if you’re the active type, you could be kept busier than a decathlon athlete training for the Olympics.At the JW Marriott Phu… Read full this story
- Home in secluded spot on Scottish island goes on sale for £495,000
- Incredible heart-shaped island in New York complete with its own helipad and marina goes on sale £11.6million
- Love Island host Caroline Flack rekindles love with Andrew Brady on a secret break
- Soak up the last of the summer sun at one of these Italian islands
- Stunning pics reveal paradise private island complete with luxurious mansion, boathouse and four bungalows on sale for £1.9million
- Where is Lombok and why has the Indonesian island been hit by so many earthquakes recently?
- Getting away from it all at Ashford Castle's Hideaway Cottage
- Caroline Flack's £1028-a-night Caribbean holiday looks absolutely incredible
- How to visit the world's most beautiful islands
- Caroline Flack ditches engagement ring on Love Island reunion despite getting back together with Andrew Brady
The most incredible island oasis hideaways in and around the region have 338 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.