President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence touted the administration’s policy decisions during the annual March for Life on Friday. “If they send any legislation to my desk that weakens the protection of human life, I will issue a veto and we have the support to uphold those vetoes,” Trump said in a message to the thousands gathered. In other women’s health news: abortion bills are likely to stall in a divided Congress; the Trump administration is poised to finalize conscience protections for health workers; for now Planned Parenthood will remain a state Medicaid provider; and more.
This is part of the KHN Morning Briefing, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.
- A Case For Greatness: DEFENDING YOUR LIFE
- Trump vows not to reopen federal government until wall funding is secured
- Trump vows to 'slash restraints' on drug development for FDA
- Donald Trump Vows to Eradicate Cancer and AIDS if Re-Elected
- The Mueller Report Should Be the Last Straw for Trump’s Defenders, but It Won’t Be
- The Trump Administration Is Making Life Worse for Women and LGBTQ Folks at Home and Across the World
- U.S. State Dept. Condemns ‘Soviet Practice’ of Separating Families as Trump Admin Defends Border Policy
- Tammy Bruce and Candace Owens: Trump is ‘Defending’ America Against NFL Protests, LeBron is ‘Ignorant Man’
- Conservative Pundit S.E. Cupp Hits Trump White House Right In The Balls
- Trump Joins Pro-Trump Pundits in Claiming Trump Was Always Right About Charlottesville