Although November 2020 is 21 months away, the presidential campaign has begun. Seven Democrats have declared or established exploratory presidential committees. More will follow. Above all, America, Americans and the world at large desperately need a competent president. But will we get one? The president has established his re-election organization. While the Mueller investigation looms as a potential Damoclean sword over the presidency, potential alternative Republican candidates bide their time. However, it is likely that someone will challenge the president. The Constitution sets only four requirements for president. Competence is not one of them. The commander-in-chief must be “native born,” a term which has been expanded to mean having one parent who is a citizen; be at least 35 years of age; resided for 14 years in America; and most importantly, win a majority of Electoral College votes. Hence, 270 is the magic number, a figure Hillary Clinton frivolously ignored, winning the popular vote and losing the election. Nor is experience a criterion. Of the last four presidents, two were inexperienced governors — Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Barrack Obama was not even a one-term senator after having served in the Illinois legislature. By comparison, George H.W. Bush’s experience… Read full this story
- America needs to be the No. 1 tech industry in the world, according to Trump’s small business leader Linda McMahon
- No swimsuits? No problem. Miss America needed this reboot
- Why America needs more immigrants
- Ben Shapiro: America Needs To Stop Treating Celebrities Like Politicians
- Doesn’t Trump’s America Need More Entrepreneurs?
- President Trump stopped family separations but gave no solution for those already separated
- President of Paraguay won't be able to take Senate seat after he steps down
- Desperate Argentina through but still unconvincing
- South America disappoints but is the demise permanent?
- Five things in Mexican president-elect's inbox
2020 desperation: America needs a competent president have 292 words, post on www.upi.com at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.