The driver of a Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray Convertible has been rushed to hospital after crashing the powerful sports car in Canada.
Castanet reports that on Wednesday, just before midday, the driver of the Corvette was filmed driving erratically and, shortly afterwards, crashed. Local media reports that the car veered off Highway 97 in Kelowna before hitting a utility pole and sliding down a small ravine towards a creek.
The elderly driver of the ‘Vette was trapped in the car and emergency workers were forced to cut off one of the vehicle’s doors in order to free him. He was immediately rushed to hospital, though the extent of his injuries remains unknown.
Authorities have yet to determine the reason for the crash. However, police officers on the scene did confirm that the Corvette wasn’t fitted with winter tires. While there doesn’t appear to have been any snow on the section of Highway 97 the man was driving on, it’s possible that the slippery conditions did play a factor in the accident.
On the other hand, a local who heard about the incident on a scanner suggested the man may have had a medical emergency just before the crash.
Damage sustained to the Corvette is comprehensive. At the front, the bumper has been ripped off and at least one headlight is missing. Elsewhere, damage has been caused to the driver’s side of the vehicle and the vehicle’s under carriage has inevitably taking a hard hit.
While the car is a write-off, what really matters is the health of its driver, who we sincerely hope has no life-threatening injuries.
- Corvette driver escapes decapitation in crash by ducking
- Gig economy pressures make drivers 'more likely to crash'
- Cincinnati Reds announce one player killed, two injured in car crash
- Tesla Driver Involved in Fatal Crash while Using Autopilot Mode
- Driver in Fatal Tesla Crash was Speeding While on Autopilot: NHTSA
- Driver in Fatal Auction Crash Had Licence Suspended Since 2012, Issues Apology
- Driver facing charges in crash that injured PGA Tour player, former NHL player
- Tesla driver in fatal 'Autopilot' crash got numerous warnings
- Family of Tesla driver killed in 'Autopilot' crash does not blame car
- Jeremy Clarkson Injured in Car Crash