By Nick Hope BBC Olympic sports reporter 26 Feb From the section Swimming Share this with Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn Reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Copy this link http://www.bbc.com/sport/swimming/47380432 Read more about sharing. Double Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin will not race at the Tokyo 2020 Games after retiring at the age of 28.Carlin made her international debut for Great Britain when she was just 15 and also won European, Commonwealth and world medals during her career.The Welsh swimmer missed London 2012 with glandular fever. Despite being left “drained” by her 400m and 800m freestyle medals at Rio 2016 she then switched her focus to 10km open water events.However, following subsequent injury and illness struggles Carlin has now decided to end her professional career.”It’s been a really tough, emotional decision and I’ve been in tears looking back at old videos of my races, but it feels like the right time to stop,” she told BBC Sport.”It’s just been an incredible journey and something I’ll cherish forever.”A ‘dream’ career of highs and lows Carlin claimed an impressive total of 16 major international honours during her career, and she says the 800m freestyle title she claimed at Glasgow 2014 holds a particularly special place… Read full this story
- PV Sindhu, Rio Olympics Silver Medallist, Returns To Court At Denmark Open
- Humanity First, Says Yogeshwar Dutt, Wants Russian's Family To Keep Olympic Silver
- Olympic gold medallist Stephanie Rice starts swimming academy in India
- Ilya Zakharov, Olympic diving champion, retires after missing drug tests
- PV Sindhu's Big Payday After Rio Olympics Silver Medal Glory: Report
- Single woman reveals she paid almost £9,000 to have an IVF baby with donor sperm aged 28 – after growing tired of waiting for the 'right man to come along'
- MP Chief Minister gives Rs 75 lakh to silver medallist Muskan Kirar
- K-Pop artist Goo Hara found dead at home aged 28
- K-pop singer Goo Hara found dead aged 28
- K-Pop Star Goo Hara Found Dead at Age 28
Jazz Carlin: Double Olympic silver medallist retires from swimming aged 28 have 333 words, post on www.bbc.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.