Published 1:48 PM EST Feb 12, 2019
Washington – President Donald Trump is planning a new parade, possibly to replace a military procession he ordered up for Washington that was scuttled due to cost.
Speaking at a Cabinet meeting, Trump says he’s thinking about holding the event around July 4. He’s calling it a “Salute to America” parade, but says it would be more of a gathering. The Lincoln Memorial is one site under consideration, and Trump says he’d like the event to become a tradition.
The bonus? Free fireworks. Trump noted that fireworks already light up the National Mall on July 4. He’s put acting Interior Secretary David Bernhardt in charge of planning.
A military parade Trump wanted on Veterans Day last year was canceled after senior administration officials saw the estimated $92 million price tag.
- Complete Your Business Plan in 30 Days
- Celebrate the True Meaning of July 4 Along With Your Picnic and Fireworks
- Trump made 129 false claims last week
- From IDs in grocery stores to soldiers in Syria: Trump made 129 false claims last week
- E.U. Ambassador Gordon Sondland: Trump Wanted ‘Nothing’ from Ukraine, ‘No Quid Pro Quo’
- Donald Trump accuses OBAMA of 'election corruption' as he demands to see the Democratic National Committee's hacked 'server' claiming it will show evidence of 2016 interference which he claims Rudy Giuliani was seeking in Ukraine
- What U.S. envoy key to Ukraine probe plans to tell House impeachment investigators
- Sondland says Trump urged him to work with Giuliani on Ukraine
- Trump Network Review - Can Donald Trump and the Trump Network Succeed Where Others Failed?
- Trump’s Impeachment Blockade Crumbles as Witnesses Agree to Talk