During a CNN Town Hall tonight, Democratic presidential candidate (and New Jersey senator) Cory Booker was asked how faith would influence him if he were in the White House. That’s always a dangerous question, certainly among progressives. I don’t want faith influencing his policies, but obviously religious beliefs are going to influence their outlook. When similar questions were asked of Republican candidates before the 2016 election, we heard things like “We need to remind people that we do have a Judeo-Christian foundation.” Obviously, they talked about how they would block funding for Planned Parenthood and voiced their opposition to LGBTQ rights.Booker, who is extremely devout in a very progressive way, has always been at ease talking about his faith, so this question should have been a pitch right down the middle for him. He hit a grand slam. Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ): “I would rather hang out with a nice atheist than a mean Christian any day of the week.” pic.twitter.com/uM9k8k5BJJ — Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 28, 2019 So, I just want to say up front that I’m a person that often says that, “Before you tell me about your religion, show it to me in how… Read full this story
- Transcript: Sen. Cory Booker on "Face the Nation," April 21, 2019
- Cory Booker unveils an ambitious gun-control plan
- Presidential hopeful Cory Booker & AIPAC president 'text like teenagers' – leaked audio
- Democrat 2020 candidate Booker dating Rosario Dawson, she says
- Who is Eyal Booker dating, what is the Love Island star doing now and is he on Instagram?
- Love Island’s Eyal Booker: 'I'm single but if you believed the media you'd think I was with a different girl every day'
- Tour de France to start in Nice in 2020
- Christianophobia? New church attacks fit a global pattern of Christian harrassment
- Jordan Peterson Slams Cambridge 'Not Giving Damn About Decline of Christianity'
- Soldier found hanged at Army base did not mean to kill himself, rules coroner
Cory Booker: “I Would Rather Hang Out With a Nice Atheist Than a Mean Christian” have 337 words, post on friendlyatheist.patheos.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.