Scott Brown took him under his wing and now John McGinn is ready to be released and fly for Scotland. The Aston Villa midfielder can’t wait to accept the responsibility as long-term replacement for the Celtic star in the engine room of the national team. McGinn, 24, is in line to win his 14th cap in Astana on Thursday night as the Scots bid to get the Euro 2020 qualifying campaign off to a winning start against Kazakhstan. The former St Mirren and Hibs player wants to lead by example after a stunning first season in England as Villa bid to return to the Premier League. McGinn has been a virtual ever-present in guiding Dean Smith’s side into play-off contention – and with five goals already, including three in the last week alone, he is on course to beat his season-best tally of six set last year at Easter Road. McGinn’s arrival on the international scene three years ago overlapped with the last days of Brown’s reign and he has paid tribute to the Hoops skipper for welcoming him with open arms. He said: “I’m aware I’ve been compared with Scott and he’s a player I’ve looked up to massively…. Read full this story
- Scott Brown held back by Celtic kit man after Steven Naismith clash in Scottish Cup final
- Aston Villa star John McGinn gives injury comeback date - in chat with Prince William
- Celtic make their move for Eddie Howe as talks begin over managerial role
- Celtic record first victory of 2021 but the gap to Rangers remains 23 points
- Celtic job would be a boon for Postecoglou and Australian football, but with it comes intense scrutiny
- Ange Postecoglou: Celtic boss expects 'significant change' to squad ahead of new Scottish Premiership season
- Ange Postecoglou: What faces Celtic's new boss amid a huge a rebuild at Parkhead?
- Scott McTominay is a key man for Manchester United - so why not Scotland?
- John Stamos puckers up to Josh Peck at the Turner & Hooch premiere... after revealing he 'wouldn't be alive' had he not met him
- John Gotti Is Dead at 61; Ex-Mafia Boss Courted Limelight
John McGinn reveals how Celtic captain Scott Brown has been his mentor have 350 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at March 18, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.