LIMA, Ohio – President Donald Trump on Wednesday brought his re-election campaign to Ohio – a state essential to his 2020 strategy – touring a military tank plant and telling many of its cheering workers: “You better love me. I kept this place open.” Trump also used the visit to criticize John McCain, saying the late senator “didn’t get the job done for our great vets.” He complained that McCain’s family didn’t thank him for giving the senator “the kind of funeral that he wanted.” McCain died last year of brain cancer. Trump’s visit to Ohio was his first since last year’s midterm election campaign, when the state was a rare bright spot for Republicans in the upper Midwest. But with Trump’s path to another four years in the White House relying on a victory here, his nascent campaign is mindful of warning signs that Ohio can hardly be taken for granted in 2020. Perhaps no state has better illustrated the realigning effects of Trump’s candidacy and presidency than Ohio, where traditionally Democratic-leaning working-class voters have swung heavily toward the GOP, and moderate Republicans in populous suburban counties have shifted away from Trump. It’s for that reason, administration officials said,… Read full this story
- Scenes From John McCain’s Memorial: Joe Biden Remembers Senator As ‘a Brother’
- Meghan McCain skips The View's season premiere as she continues to mourn father Sen. John McCain
- President Trump won Super Tuesday
- Meghan McCain says motherhood would be an 'incredible achievement' in interview at time of her miscarriage where she said may endorse Biden for president 'but that it would hurt him' and her mom revealed she calls her 'John McCain in a dress'
- Report: President Trump Does Not Regret McCain ‘War Hero’ Comment
- Trump says Democrats aren't 'giving enough' in coronavirus bill talks
- Cannes: Spike Lee Damns President Trump for Not Denouncing the Klan
- In contrast to Trump, Biden pledges to 'lead with science'
- The Latest: Trump promises ‘different kind of a campaign’
- Trump Doubles Down on Feud With Germany in Early-Morning Tweet
President Trump says Ohio workers 'better love me,' renews John McCain feud have 336 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.