Theresa May visits Berlin and Paris to seek Brexit delay support Grassroots Tories could pass motions calling on PM to quit Hammond suggests MPs could revoke Article 50 to prevent no-deal Shanker Singham: There is still time to secure a better deal Sketch: While May begs for delay, the Tory meltdown continues Leaked letter: Fox says customs union ‘worst of both worlds’ Chris Bryant: Bruised MPs are genuinely trying to do their best Brexit is poised to be delayed by up to a year after European leaders warned Theresa May that her proposal for a short extension until the end of June was too much of a “risk” following weeks of Parliamentary chaos. Emmanuel Macron, the French President, is understood to have proposed a nine-month Brexit extension to the Prime Minister during talks in Paris on Tuesday – with the threat of regular three-month reviews to ensure that Britain does not undermine EU business while it remains a member. Ahead of a key summit in Brussels on Wednesday evening to decide on the Brexit extension, Donald Tusk wrote to EU leaders on Tuesday evening saying there was “little reason to believe” Mrs May would get a Brexit deal through Parliament before the summer. She had been given… Read full this story
- EU offers 12-month extension to Brexit transition deal to 2021
- Defiant May stands by Chequers plan for Brexit after EU leaders insist it ‘will not work’
- Theresa May sticks by Chequers plan for Brexit despite EU warning it 'will not work'
- Top Brexiteers 'loosely' deny plot to oust Theresa May
- 'Brexit will fail whether or not Boris Johnson and Theresa May continue taking jabs at each other'
- Boris Johnson plans to use ‘NUCLEAR WEAPON’ Farage to sabotage EU if Brexit delayed – report
- The NHS hasn't been prioritised in the Brexit negotiations, and that means serious trouble ahead
- 'No cherrypicking' for Britain over Brexit, says EU Commissioner
- [Agenda] Orban and Brexit dominate EU summit next week
- Brexit: Arlene Foster spells out ‘red line’ ahead of talks with Michel Barnier
Brexit delay: EU plots year-long extension ahead of summit with Theresa May have 330 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.