11 April 2019 • 12:04am EU agrees Brexit extension to October 31 – Halloween Macron put up fierce resistance to a long extension With ratings as bad as Major, May risks leading the Tories into electoral oblivion New bid to oust May as MPs attempt to gather 10,000 signatures to change Tory constitution Analysis: Why Macron will fall into line Sign up: Brexit Whatsapp updates and all-new Brexit Bulletin EU leaders have reportedly agreed to delay Brexit until the end of October, with a review in June. The 27 EU leaders agreed to extend Brexit to October 31 – Halloween - during talks in Brussels. Their chairman, Donald Tusk, has now taken it to Prime Minister Theresa May for her approval. An October 31 deadline with a review in June will appease Emmanuel Macron, who strongly opposed a long extension. He will now be able to return to France content that he has stood up for what he regards as Europe’s best interests. Diplomats from other EU countries, however, were visibly frustrated with Mr Macron digging in his heels and trying to set EU policy for them. According to reports, the British government is content with the offer, which has just been put to Theresa May. France… Read full this story
- DUP unlikely to back May's Brexit deal before EU meeting
- Trump, EU leaders set for showdown talks on trade
- UK faces Brexit crisis after Europe’s leaders demand: ‘Get out now’
- Brexiteers take to the streets to protest against UK not leaving the EU today as Twitter is swamped with hilarious #BritainHasExploded memes
- Pound drops to lowest level in two years amid no-deal Brexit rhetoric
- Johnson pledges January Brexit after missing 'do or die' deadline
- Boris Johnson's oven-ready Brexit: Prime Minister hits the campaign trail by visiting schools and hospitals while promising voters we will be out of EU by January
- DUP warns PM it won't back any deal that 'traps us in EU'
- The Latest: French minister: Brexit advocates lied to voters
- Vietnam’s legislature agrees to delay adoption of draft law on special economic zones
Brexit latest news: EU leaders 'agree delay until October 31 have 331 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.