(CNN)If you haven’t heard of BTS yet, it’s time to succumb to the inevitable: The Korean boy band is taking over the world. Their new album, “Map of the Soul: Persona,” out Friday, is expected to demolish international sales charts. They have a new single featuring American pop star Halsey. And they brought down the walls of studio 8H this weekend when they appeared on “Saturday Night Live.” This is One Direction big. This is Beatlemania big. And while K-pop music isn’t exactly a new sensation outside of Korea, BTS and similar groups are cultivating devoted followings across the globe, elevating K-pop from a niche import to a full-blown international movement. Pre-orders for “Map of the Soul: Persona,” have surpassed 3 million copies, Big Hit, their management company, told CNN. Their two most recent two albums — “Love Yourself: Tear” and “Love Yourself: Answer” — each sold around 2 million copies. Read More So before our new K-pop overlords become any more powerful, it’s time to get to know them. Here are 12 essential facts about BTS and the colossal, churning K-pop industry that spawned them. JUST WATCHED K-pop group BTS scores worldwide success Replay More Videos … MUST WATCH… Read full this story
- Boy band BTS make K-pop history by topping U.S. album charts
- James Corden teases BTS appearance on his US talkshow
- BTS makes it back to Time’s ‘most influential online’ list
- Bangtan Boys Transform Image of Asian Men
- Spotify’s Discover playlist feels like a trusted friend, but can you trust it?
- Zac Brown Band touches all the bases at Fenway
- Review: Jim Parsons and Zachary Quinto Enter Sniping in ‘The Boys in the Band’
- REVIEW: Smash-hit musical The Band at Derngate, Northampton
- Girls join Boy Scouts of America Cub Scout program in York CountyYou may also be interested in...
- Kim Kardashian wears only a simple gold wedding band in Paris
BTS! We haven't seen boy-band fandom like this since the Beatles have 309 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 12, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.