Match Of The Day’s first female commentator has blasted her daughter’s football coach who banished the seven-year-old to play with hula-hoops because boys on the team wouldn’t pass to her. Jacqui Oatley broke down barriers for women in sport when she grasped the microphone to commentate on Fulham versus Birmingham in 2007 for BBC’s flagship football programme. The 44-year-old won an MBE in 2016 for services to broadcasting and diversity in sport and is also on the board of Women in Football, an organisation designed to improve the representation of women in the game. But there is clearly more work that needs to be done to change attitudes in the game, after her seven-year-old daughter Phoebe and her female teammates were ostracised from a football match. The furious mother-of-two tweeted: ‘My 7-year-old daughter was looking forward to her football class this morning. ‘When I picked her up she said the boys would only pass to each other, so the coach told the girls to go and play with hula-hoops instead. Ridiculous.’ Jacqui Oatley broke down barriers for women in sport when she grasped the microphone to commentate on for Fulham versus Birmingham in 2007 for BBC’s flagship football programme Despite being… Read full this story
- Meet Nadia Nighat, Kashmir's first female football coach
- Florida State moving quickly to find new football coach
- American high school football coach suspended because his team won by too much
- Bizarre! US Football Coach Gets Suspended after His Team Scores 'Too Many'
- The bear-hugging football coach who became Silicon Valley’s go-to guru
- American football coach is suspended after team scores too much
- REPORT: At Least 15 College Football Coaches Get Access To Private Jets In Their Contracts
- High School Football Coach Suspended For Putting 61 Points On The Board
- Florida State fires football coach Willie Taggart
- Florida State Fires Football Coach Willie Taggart — He’s Owed A Buyout Of Around $17 Million
Jacqui Oatley blasts her daughter's 'ridiculous' football coach have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.