Amid an intense grilling before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, calls among Democrats running for president in 2020 for the resignation of Attorney General William Barr to resign are continuing to spread quickly across the crowded presidential field. “This Attorney General lacks all credibility and has I think compromised the American public's ability to believe that he is a purveyor of justice,” California Sen. Kamala Harris told reporters outside of the hearing room where Barr faced an extended grilling over his handling of the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election . (MORE: William Barr hearing on Mueller report live updates: Stop using DOJ as ‘political weapon,’ AG says) Harris’ comments came directly after she pressed Barr on whether or not President Trump or other White House personnel have asked him to open an investigation into anyone, a question Barr did not directly answer. Former Vice President Joe Biden, on the campaign trail in Iowa, also called on Barr to step down. When asked if the attorney general should resign, he responded, “I think he's lost the confidence of the American people. I think he should.” New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker… Read full this story
- Furious US President Donald Trump fires acting Attorney General who branded so-called ‘Muslim ban’ as ‘unlawful’
- Pelosi: William Barr ‘has gone rogue,’ Maguire ‘broke the law’
- Just how corrupt is William Barr?
- Reports: US Attorney General Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian envoy during confirmation hearing
- New York attorney general launches probe into Trump charity
- Julian Assange’s US arrest efforts stepped up as Attorney General says ‘we will seek to put some people in jail’
- Big German parties want joint presidential candidate
- Barr and a Top Prosecutor Cast a Wide Net in Reviewing the Russia Inquiry
- Trump, Zelensky July 25 phone call: What the summary says
- Efforts to shield Ukraine call reﬂect broad secrecy push
Democratic presidential candidates slam Attorney General William Barr amid calls for his resignation have 318 words, post on abcnews.go.com at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.