This year’s Indy 500 is fast approaching but the campaign hasn’t got off to a great start for fan favorite Fernando Alonso. During day 2 of practice at the circuit, Alonso ran wide in his #66 McLaren Racing-Chevrolet and slammed into a wall. The impact pushed him skidding across the track and into the inside wall before he again ricocheted across the track and came to a rest next to the concrete barriers. Footage of the incident reveals that the crash caused extensive damage to the sides and rear of the race car. “It was just pure understeer on the car. Even if I lifted the throttle on the entry to the corner it was not enough. I lost completely the front aero there. The wall came too close and too quickly,” Alonso told NBC. “Unfortunately, it happened today and we will lose a little bit of running time again. I’m sorry for the team. We’ll learn and come back stronger tomorrow.” Also Read: Alonso Will “Definitely” Race The Indy 500 Again Alonso managed to turn in 50 laps of running during the first day of practice before his car suffered an electrical issue. Prior to his crash on day… Read full this story
- Bob Lazier, Indy 500 Starter and 1981 Rookie of the Year, dies at 81
- Bob Lazier, Indy 500 Starter, Dead at 81 Due to Coronavirus
- Indy 500 Champion Simon Pagenaud says fitness keeps him from going stir-crazy as he stays at home
- Penske’s goal to have August Indy 500 with same pageantry, audience
- Indy 500 champ Simon Pagenaud wins second straight iRacing IndyCar race
- 1981 CART Rookie of the Year and Indy 500 starter Bob Lazier dies
- Britney Spears on ex Justin Timberlake: ‘I know we had one of the world’s biggest breakups’
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Ex Britney Spears Discussing Their Breakup and Dancing to His Song
- Britney Spears Dances to Ex Justin Timberlake's Song: 'We Had One of the World's Biggest Breakups'
- IndyCar’s Colton Herta reflects on 2019 COTA win and sim racing career
Fernando Alonso Spears Into Wall During 2019 Indy 500 Practice have 337 words, post on www.carscoops.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.