It has come to my attention that people are talkin’ cars. Well, some people are talkin’ car culture, to be more precise. Something about young people’s interest in cars relative to Boomers, increasingly the most tired debate of them all. Now, the extremists among us will argue that to rectify this situation we should simply destroy every car built before 1980. And, honestly? It’s hard to argue with that. Old cars were inefficient, were often poorly built, are most certainly deeply unsafe and, worst of all, fun. Perhaps we should gather up a single example of each car, put them all in one place (we’ll call it The Cars Museum), and destroy the rest. Those who pine for a ‘68 Mustang can go to the Cars Museum and drive it, since cars at The Cars Museum will be maintained for this purpose. But! That is not my argument. No, I would never make that argument. Instead, let us consider the source of all of this most recent fretting about the kids and their cars, some newspaper called The Wall Street Journal, which says the youngs are getting their driver’s licenses in vastly fewer numbers than those a generation ago. It… Read full this story
- Best car phone holders you can buy for your car in 2019 including Belkin, Yosh and Logitech
- Driverless, autonomous cars present ethical challenges — so how do we write the laws?
- Jeremy Clarkson's Car Show is 'Worth the Money,' Says Amazon
- California lets Apple test self-driving cars
- Colleges Gear Up For Halloween With Warnings And ‘Cultural Appropriation’ Workshops
- Lyft to test robot cars at Concord’s GoMentum Station
- Who was Mythbusters’ Jessi Combs and what caused the race car driver’s accident?
- Uber Fires Employee at Center of Self-Driving Car Case
- Autobahn row hits German election: 'we're selling it off like a second-hand car'
- Hydrogen is still a mystery to drivers, but Toyota plans 10 times more cars
For The Last Time: Boomer Car Culture Isn't All of Car Culture have 327 words, post on jalopnik.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.