Paying for public transit in parts of the city is about to get a bit easier for those who use Google Pay. The MTA will roll out its test pilot program of contactless payment — dubbed OMNY, short for One Metro New York — on May 31 at several subway stations and buses on Staten Island, the tech company announced Thursday. But don’t worry, iPhone or Samsung users, the MTA said it’s opened up the digital ticketing to all tech companies, as well as banks with contactless cards. Apple announced last month iPhone and iWatch users will soon be able to pay with their tech in the city, the MTA said. Riders can use the service starting next Friday on all Staten Island buses and at the 4-5-6 lines subway stations between Grand Central and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center. The MTA will activate a “pay per ride” feature on smartphones that will allow riders to pay for trips without even opening the app — at the same rate as a single-ride MetroCard. Google also announced Thursday its real-time assistant with the MTA to find out when the next train is pulling up. Users can just ask their Google phone or smart… Read full this story
- Google announces partnership with CBSE to train 1 million teachers on digital tools
- From education to small businesses, inside Google's new India blueprint
- MTA Details 13-Point Plan As Phase One Reopening Set For New York City Monday
- Full rollout for contactless payments in NYC subways delayed until December
- Coronavirus: New York City subways sparkle, but does cleaning decrease Covid-19 risk?
- Subways Sparkle, But Does Cleaning Decrease COVID-19 Risk?
- Camera shootout: Can Huawei’s P40 Pro Plus beat Apple, Samsung, and Google?
- The best smart home devices of 2020: Google and Amazon lead the way
- Indie game devs are taking a gamble on Google’s Stadia, and it’s paying off
- Google Maps can now show exact locations of traffic lights to speed up journeys
MTA testing out Google Pay on subways, buses have 319 words, post on nypost.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.