Can’t see the audio player? Click here to listen on SoundCloud. Alabama is the latest in a growing list of states passing bans on abortion in an attempt to get the Supreme Court to weaken or overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that legalized abortion nationwide. Unlike most of the other state laws that have passed this year, however, the Alabama law would completely ban abortion except when the woman’s life was in danger from the pregnancy. On Capitol Hill, separate bipartisan groups in the House and Senate unveiled draft proposals to address “surprise” medical bills that patients get when they inadvertently receive care outside their insurance network. The bills take different approaches, however, so it’s not clear where a compromise might lie. And in Washington state, the legislature has approved a new “public option” health insurance plan — to be run by private insurers — that will become available for consumers who purchase their own insurance. This week’s panelists are Julie Rovner from Kaiser Health News, Margot Sanger-Katz of The New York Times, Anna Edney of Bloomberg News and Alice Miranda Ollstein of Politico. Among the takeaways from this week’s podcast: The high court’s justices can pick and… Read full this story
- Find People in The United States With Reverse Cell Phone Number Lookup
- Roadmap to the Health Insurance Landscape - Finding the Right Guide
- Mass Health Insurance Providers - FREE Guide To Save Money on Insurance!
- 5 Ways to Promote Positive Mental Health
- The Scary Truth Behind Health Insurance Applications
- Podcasts Create a Value Added Service to Your Online Marketing Strategies
- Using Podcasts to Promote your Real Estate Website
- Benefits of Being Interviewed on a Podcast
- You Must Be a Contrarian to Win at Horse Racing!
- Ways To Keep A Podcast Audience Coming Back For More
Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ States Race To Reverse ‘Roe’ have 306 words, post on khn.org at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.