By Matthew Geagan, CBS Boston BOSTON (CBS) — The NBA offseason was already going to be a wild one. The Pelicans winning the NBA Draft Lottery on Tuesday night creates even more uncertainty to the league’s silly season. It also makes life more difficult for the Celtics if they want to pull off a summer blockbuster. The No. 1 overall pick was expected to be one of the biggest and best assets for the New York Knicks or Los Angeles Lakers to use in an Anthony Davis trade this summer. But the Knicks (third overall pick) and Lakers (fourth) went home disappointed Tuesday night, when that top pick went to the Pelicans, who don’t need to trade for Davis. And now that they’ve won the rights to draft Duke’s Zion Williamson, new Pelicans VP of basketball ops. David Griffin wants to hang on to their franchise star and try to convince him to stay in New Orleans long-term. Per Ken Berger of Bleacher Report: “Griff was never going to trade AD,” a rival general manager told Bleacher Report on Tuesday night, referring to David Griffin, the Pelicans’ new executive vice president of basketball operations. “That’s why he got the job.” Two other… Read full this story
- New Orleans wins NBA draft lottery, right to pick No. 1
- Texas A&M's Robert Williams sets sights on No. 1 selection in 2018 NBA Draft
- All-time Houston-area basketball players taken in the NBA Draft
- NBA Draft: Celtics select Langford; Zion Williamson goes No. 1
- ‘Dementia does not have to mean the end’
- Does Early Gray Hair Mean Your Health Is At Risk?
- HDR TV: What is HDR, and what does High Dynamic Range mean for television?
- What does storage virtualisation really mean?
- What does 6 Gbit SATA mean to you?
- What does open source community mean?
What Does NBA Draft Lottery Mean For An Anthony Davis Trade? have 312 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.