“” The U.S. government does offer some loans and grants for home improvements. kate_sept2004/Getty Images In contrast to a loan, a grant is money that you’re given for a specific purpose that you don’t have to pay back. The United States government has grants available for all kinds of home improvements. To qualify for one of these grants, you have to show what home improvements are necessary and that you can’t afford to pay for the home improvements. Some are only for people over 62 (for instance the Section 504 home repair program.) If you’re approved, you’ll receive the money and will be able to start renovating your home. Here are some tips on how to apply for a grant [source: Government Grants, Yale]. Locate and contact your local government office. Government representatives there will be able to advise you about eligibility requirements and other necessary criteria for applying for a grant.Speak to a government representative in your area and demonstrate that you can’t afford the work necessary to repair your house. Be prepared to show a bona fide estimate for the work you’d like to have done. It’s important to properly document the proposed costs before proceeding. The local… Read full this story
- Warrnambool tipped to be Victoria’s biggest property improver of 2020
- Cast Your Votes! How 2020's Presidential Candidates Plan to Help You Buy a House (or Not)
- 10 years after the storm: has New Orleans learned the lessons of Hurricane Katrina?
- Democrat Attorneys General Demand Fast-Track Work Permits for Illegals and Migrants
- Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Troops write PMB emotional letter
- Felicity Huffman asks to spend her two weeks in jail in a 'luxury Club Fed': College cheating scandal actress wants to serve her short stint in a one of America's 'cushiest prisons' that has NO BARS and been dubbed 'Chateau Dublin'
- Alex Haley’s 1965 Playboy Interview with Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Restore Louisiana offering buyouts to people living in floodways who were affected by 2016 storms
How to Apply for Federal Home Improvement Grants have 347 words, post on money.howstuffworks.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.