close Video ‘Jeopardy’ champ draws media flak Question: Why beat up on James Holzhauer? Despite getting a huge boost in ratings thanks to James Holzhauer’s impressive winning-streak, “Jeopardy!” lost the May sweeps ratings race to fellow syndicated series “Judge Judy.” Holzhauer, 35, captured fans’ attention by surpassing the $1 million prize mark faster than any other contestant in the game’s history. As the Las Vegas sports gambler continued to win and beat records, ratings for “Jeopardy!” reportedly increased from 9.6 million viewers in early April to 12 million at its peak by the end of the month. WHY ‘JEOPARDY!’ CHAMP JAMES HOLZHAUER MADE A LOW WAGER ON HIS LOSING NIGHT That total dipped when Holzhauer’s streak was put on pause to accommodate the game show’s “Teacher’s Tournament.” This allowed “Judge Judy” to retake her normal position at number one in syndicated series ratings, which she held through sweeps. ‘Judge Judy’ narrowly beat ‘Jeopardy!’ to maintain May sweeps winning-streak. (Getty Images) According to Variety, the Las Vegas sports gambler’s return to the show, and subsequent loss at the hands of Emma Boettcher, wasn’t enough to dethrone the courtroom series. However, it wasn’t as decisive a victory as “Judge Judy” has enjoyed in… Read full this story
- US Midterm Forecasts Call for Divided Congress as Races Hit Final Stretch
- Northampton Town 2 Forest Green Rovers 1 – match review, player ratings and highlights
- POLITICO London Playbook: Trump loses the House — Brexit end game — Sadness in her eyes
- Simon Cowell should get a new face says former X Factor judge Louis Walsh
- Simon Cowell scraps twists on The X Factor’s live shows after last year’s underwhelming ratings
- History will judge UK ministers harshly for the Irish backstop
- Analysis: Nigeria election too close to call as campaigning gets underway
- Could the Black Sox scandal happen today?
- Frustration as controversial try sees Athletic defeated
- US midterm elections 2018 live: Massive early turnout as America votes on the future of Congress
'Jeopardy!' loses to ‘Judge Judy’ despite James Holzhauer’s ratings boost in close May sweeps race have 319 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.