Mazda’s new Skyactiv-X engine—which promises better fuel mileage thanks to a new type of gasoline combustion—is finally almost here. Mazda confirmed power and fuel mileage numbers today and said that deliveries of new Mazda 3s with the 2.0 liter four-cylinder would start in the fall in Europe. Deliveries in the American market shouldn’t be far behind. It was always kind of weird that Mazda launched the fourth-generation Mazda 3 earlier this year without Skyactiv-X, since everything else about the car was top-notch. And yet still it had the Skyactiv-G motor under the hood, just like the previous generation had. Advertisement Mazda’s reps said at the time, basically, look, we’re a small company, we can’t do everything. And that’s true, though I wondered just how long it might take them. We always knew it would go to Europe first, because of tighter environmental regulations there, and with the news today, they are basically on time with the rollout. We knew in February that Skyactiv-X would make a little less horsepower than the 186 hp that the 2.5-liter Skyactiv-G we get in Mazda 3s here makes, but now we know precisely how much less. That would be 177 horsepower, according to Mazda’s… Read full this story
- Kurt Busch stretches fuel mileage to claim Cup win at Pocono
- Truex wins fuel-mileage gamble at The Glen (Aug 7, 2017)
- Truex wins fuel-mileage gamble at The Glen
- Fuel mileage eliminated as possible Daytona 500 factor as stages set
- Ed McNamara: Kentucky Derby remains elusive holy grail for jockeys, trainers
- Tony Stewart uses fuel mileage to score top-five finish at Kentucky
- Ford’s turbo truck engine gets power boost for 2017
- KC Royals: Was Salvador Perez Hot Streak Fueled By Rest?
- Damn It Feels Good To Be A Cubs Fan Decal
- Monday’s P.M. Hot Clicks: Brooklyn Decker; Good news, bad news for two deer
Mazda's 'Holy Grail' Engine Won't Be Very Powerful But Hot Damn the Fuel Mileage Is Good have 317 words, post on jalopnik.com at June 5, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.