Kim Kardashian West has not only launched a line of shapewear called “Kimono,” but has also reportedly filed a trademark for it in the US. Folks in Japan don’t exactly seem thrilled. Update: July 3 – 5:00 am: Kim Kardashian West has decided to launch her shapewear under a new name. Original story continues below. Advertisement There’s a fun fact, too, apparently. Kardashian’s representative filed a trademark request for the word mark “kimono” for use on clothing, underwear, headwear, luggage, dog harnesses and…whips, among other items, including, wait for it, kimono. The application was filed on June 19. [Update June 26 – 9pm: Added “mark” to “word mark” above and edited article for greater accuracy and clarity.] Advertisement But can she actually trademark a prevalent word like kimono in the United States? As patent attorney Kiyoshi Kurihara explains on Yahoo! News Japan, it is possible to trademark common nouns, but for specific products. For example, the word “apple” is trademarked for computers and phones. Kurihara points out that it would be possible to trademark the word “kimono” for computer software or furniture. The assumption is that the argument Kardashian’s lawyers could make is that the brand is based on her… Read full this story
- #FreeRodneyReed Family Members, Supporters (Including Kim Kardashian West) Demand Justice for Death Row Inmate Weeks Before Execution
- Post Kimono Controversy, Kim Kardashian Has A New Name For Her Shapewear Label; Details Inside
- Kim Kardashian Reveals That Her Met Gala 2019 Dress Left Her With Wounds
- Kim Kardashian Steps Out In Style With A Nude Lip And A Vintage Ponytail
- Instagram Beauty Trends This Week: Kim Kardashian, Priyanka Chopra, Taapsee Pannu & More
- Kim Kardashian's ‘90s Inspired Make-up Look Will Give You A Break From Your Usual Self!
- Kim Kardashian reveals she's gained 18 pounds in a year as she admits 'I work out but it's my eating'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West sell LA home for a huge profit
- Kim Kardashian confirms third baby on the way via surrogate
- Kanye West 'redoing' Kim Kardashian's whole wardrobe
People In Japan Don't Seem Thrilled With Kim Kardashian West's Kimono Underwear [Update] have 340 words, post on kotaku.com at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.