Dutch actor Rutger Hauer died at the age of 75 at his home in the Netherlands. Known for roles in Blade Runner and True Blood, the star passed away following a ‘short illness,’ according to a statement from his non-profit association Wednesday. Steve Kenis, the rep for Rutger, also confirmed the sad news that the star died on July 19 and his funeral was held on Wednesday. Tragic: Dutch actor Rutger Hauer died at the age of 75 at his home in the Netherlands, Variety reported Wednesday Hauer made a name for himself in supernatural and horror projects but his most notable and beloved role was as Roy Batty opposite Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. He reportedly rewrote the dialogue for his famous final monologue in the film where his character Roy passes away and improvised the most famous line. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 2 Next Angelina Jolie confirms role in upcoming The Eternals as she… Scarlett Johansson teases her ribcage tattoos in cropped… Wesley Snipes responds to fans after being replaced in… Share this article Share ‘Lost in time, like tears in rain,’ he says in the scene and then smiles, adding: ‘time to die.’ The line has been quoted… Read full this story
- Who's The Boss and True Blood star Katherine Helmond dies aged 89
- Rutger Hauer to Get Lucca Film Festival Lifetime Achievement Award
- Katherine Helmond dies at age 89: Who's The Boss star
- Tyra Banks calls late ANTM star Jael Strauss 'a beautiful soul'
- The 40 best books to read before you die
- Minute by blood-soaked minute, the TRUE story of Zulu
- Devastated dad visits mum who frantically battled to save dying daughter's life
- Why Some of the World’s Most Famous Chefs Don’t Want a Michelin Star
- Rachel True on Being Left Out of ‘The Craft’ Reunion
- Katherine Helmond Dies: ‘Soap’ & ‘Who’s The Boss?’ Star Was 89
Blade Runner and True Blood star Rutger Hauer dies at 75 have 298 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 24, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.