This won’t be a surprise to most, but over time, your coolant and fuel hoses tend to fix themselves in place. That only becomes a problem when you need to replace the hose or worse, replace a part attached to that hose. Over time, the rubber gets hard and the heat cycling definitely doesn’t help.
You don’t have to sweat or swear as much if you use the right tool for the job, and believe it or not, there’s a right tool for removing old hoses — in this case, the Mayhew 60008 radiator hose pick set. Breaking out this set of Mayhew hose picks will help you get underneath the hose and break the hose free, enough for you to safely twist the stuck hose to freedom.
The set isn’t expensive if you have had to deal with frustrating hoses. Hell, you can even team it up with the Lisle Spill-Free funnel and make swapping a water pump, replacing a radiator hose or doing any work to your cooling system that much easier.
- 5 Best Stretches For Those Of Us Stuck Behind A Desk All Day
- Fuel Your Busy Day With This Homemade Walnut Sweet Potato Bread
- LIVEBLOG: Let’s have a wild moving day at the U.S. Open
- Play-off woe fuels Leeds' bid to reach top: Dallas
- Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Cheap Android Phones
- Woe for Lennon as Celts suffer shock Champions League exit
- Don’t get stuck in the Google bubble
- A lesson from Apple's Project Titan: Don't let hubris ruin your project
- Don't Let Time Off Derail Your Fitness
- Google Outage Lesson: Don't Get Stuck in a Cloud