Advertisement Microsoft Office packs a lot of features, but some of these are more confusing than helpful. One feature that might have thrown you for a loop is the Microsoft Office Upload Center.The Office Upload Center was introduced in Office 2010 and lives on today. Let’s examine what this feature actually does, and see if it’s possible to disable the Microsoft Office Upload Center.What Does the Office Upload Center Do?Older versions of Office were designed to save documents, spreadsheets, and other Office files only to your local storage drive. However, the integration of OneDrive and an emphasis on cloud storage in modern versions led to the inclusion of the Upload Center.Its purpose is to help ensure smooth file transfers when uploading to (or working with documents on) “web servers,” as the info page puts it. In effect, this means when you save files to OneDrive or remote servers, such as SharePoint.By default, when you click Save on a document, Office saves a local copy of the file to your system. It then tries to upload a copy of this file to OneDrive or whatever other online location you’ve selected. If all goes well, you never notice a problem. However, issues… Read full this story
- What’s the Latest Version of Microsoft Office?
- Microsoft to consolidate operation in Bengaluru; to increase headcount
- BR Exclusive. Microsoft exploring Bucharest market for offices around 25,000 sqm
- Eight Genesis HealthCare Centers Earn 2018 Bronze National Quality Awards
- Stymied by browsers, attackers embed Flash 0-day inside MS Office document
- Microsoft agrees to buy coding site GitHub for $7.5 billion
- KenSci recognized as finalist for 2018 Microsoft Health Partner of the Year
- Arcserve to Showcase Microsoft-Enabled Data Protection and Disaster Recovery Solutions at Microsoft Inspire
- Microsoft confirms acquisition of open-source icon GitHub for $7.5B
- Microsoft is now more valuable than Google
How to Disable the Microsoft Office Upload Center have 299 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.