Robert Burns, Lolita C. Baldor and Darlene Superville Associated Press Published 11:16 AM EDT Jul 3, 2019 Washington – The military hardware is moving into place. So are the protesters. And, ever the showman, President Donald Trump is promising the “show of a lifetime” on the National Mall for the Fourth of July. Trump is marshalling tanks, bombers and other machinery of war for this year’s Independence Day celebration. It’s an event that is traditionally light on military might, and critics have accused the president of using America’s military as a political prop. Trump pushed back Wednesday against complaints about the cost of the extravaganza, tweeting that the expenses “will be very little compared to what it is worth.” Under White House direction, the Pentagon was scrambling to arrange for an Air Force B-2 stealth bomber and other warplanes to conduct flyovers of the celebration on the National Mall. There will be Navy F-35 and F-18 fighter jets, the Navy Blue Angels aerial acrobatics team, Army and Coast Guard helicopters and Marine V-22 Ospreys. The Pentagon said it had made no overall estimate of the cost of the military’s participation. The Air Force said it costs $122,311 an hour to… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's Fox News town hall from the Lincoln Memorial was given special permission to take place in otherwise forbidden location as a 'core governmental function' to 'address the nation'
- Report: H.R. McMaster Trashed Trump at July Dinner, Said He Had Intelligence of a ‘Kindergartner’
- #TrumpParadeFail Trends on Twitter After President Struggles Over American History in July 4 Speech
- Donald Trump ignores compulsory masks sign as he tours MASK factory (but wears goggles) then praises workers for their efforts - all of whom have their faces covered
- Donald Trump claims he did wear a face mask backstage at Arizona factory but was told he didn't need one for plant tour and it's not his fault that the press didn't see it
- Mask-less Donald Trump is ridiculed for touring Arizona mask factory while 'Live and Let Die' blares from speakers as coronavirus death toll passes 70,000
- Donald Trump admits there will be 'more deaths' as states start to reopen and US fatalities hit 70,000, believes coronavirus 'will pass with or without a vaccine' and predicts the economy will be 'raging' next year
- ‘Trump Death Clock’ showing US coronavirus toll in real-time is beamed onto massive Times Square billboard
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump cites a Biden apology but none offered
- Trump ducks the real enemy
Military hardware at Lincoln Memorial for Trump’s big July 4 have 420 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.