Associated Press Published 1:24 PM EDT Jul 11, 2019 Pasadena, Calif. – A statue capturing Brandi Chastain’s iconic reaction to scoring the U.S. team’s winning goal in the 1999 Women’s World Cup has been unveiled outside the Rose Bowl. Chastain was on hand for the unveiling Wednesday, the 20th anniversary of the historic win which coincided with celebrations in New York for this year’s World Cup champion team. This year’s the team sealed its second consecutive tournament win by beating the Netherlands 2-0 on Sunday. The statue shows Chastain at the moment she dropped to her knees in exultation, clutching the jersey she pulled off after cinching the win over China on a penalty kick in the game played at the Rose Bowl. The moment has been credited as a watershed for invigorating women’s sports.
- Watch the 2010 Rose Bowl Parade Live Stream Online [LIVE VIDEO]
- Neymar Provides Injury Update, Hopes To Fulfill Brazil World Cup Dream
- England’s Rugby World Cup finals: the inside story on 1991, 2003 and 2007
- Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho Among Neymar's Players To Watch At World Cup
- Deadpool apologized to David Beckham and offered him tickets to the World Cup
- Fans blame #CarlyCurse after Fiorina roots for Iowa in the Rose Bowl
- Comments for : Cricket World Cup 2015 can be streamed live to your iOS or Android phone and tablet
- Split over statue honoring Polish massacre victims ongoing
- Best World Cup apps for Brazil 2014
- How to watch the Dubai World Cup 2018: Live stream races online from anywhere in the world
Rose Bowl statue honors Brandi Chastain’s ’99 World Cup win have 259 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.