The long-roofed Renault Megane Grandtour (also known as the Sport Tourer in the UK) has an update forthcoming, with development units spotted by our spy photographers running road tests in Spain. This is the second of two bodystyles, the former being the hatchback.
The estate based on the fourth-generation hatch (which made its debut in 2015) receives visual updates on its exterior, where a new set of front and rear bumpers aim to refresh its appearance, along with a revised grille which appears more in line with that of the latest Clio.
The revised Megane here applies its own twist to the latest Renault family look, however, with three rows of horizontal slats in place of the Clio’s pin mesh grille layout. Usage of horizontal slats extends to the lower air intake as well, while the intake ducts at each corner of the front bumper appear to be redesigned as well.
Similarly at the back, changes are expected for the rear bumper as well as around the rear lights, with changes likely around the rear quarter panels as well, where camouflage foil has been applied. No images of the revised Grandtour’s interior thus far, however revisions can be expected, particularly in terms of infotainment equipment where Renault’s R-Link 2 is currently in place.
Powertrain for the Megane Grandtour is expected to be carried over from the present range, options being the 1.3 litre petrol units in 140 hp and 160 hp states of tune, as well as the 1.4 litre turbodiesel, according to our sources. Transmissions could continue to be a choice of either six-speed manual or seven-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) gearbox, driving the front wheels.
The limited extent of changes could see the revised Megane Grandtour make its debut rather soon, likely at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September, when we’ll have a more definitive look into its production specification. So far, do you like the look of the fourth-generation Megane-based estate?
- SPYSHOTS: Renault Megane RS Trophy facelift seen?
- SPYSHOTS: Next-gen Renault Megane IV road testing
- SPYSHOTS: Renault Megane IV seen winter-testing
- Quick news: BMW creates new jobs, Renault Megane CC facelift
- Renault Megane RS shown testing out in the cold
- SPYSHOT: Renault Megane IV atas jalan di Malaysia
- SPYSHOTS: VW Golf R facelift testing at the ‘Ring
- Renault Megane RS Trophy Faces VW Golf GTI TCR On The Track
- Added agility makes hot hatch Renault Megane RS 280 so rewarding
- Review: Renault Megane RS