The UAW kind of sucks, but it is still a union, and therefore inherently good. They started negotiations this week for new contracts with the Big Three, ahead of their current contracts’ expirations in September. It wants the usual things—more pay, better job security, better benefits, etc.—but it’s also bargaining at a time when everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop. That shoe would be a recession, and the downturn in car sales that would presumably go with it. The last time there was a recession it was the Great Recession, of course, and while in the years that followed record numbers of cars were sold once the economy recovered, car sales in more recent times have since been tapering off. And now most everyone expects the cycle to potentially return us to the bad times, thanks in part to Trump’s trade war. In terms of negotiating new union contracts, this adds a layer of uncertainty for both the UAW and the Big Three, with management likely to push for concessions—there’s a recession coming, you see, and it would be a shame if anyone got laid off because of a big bad union contract—and the union to push… Read full this story
- Is Ram Charan The Reason Why SS Rajamouli Pushed RRR To Next Year?
- Disha Patani’s bodyguard pushes photographer and gets into fight, her manager apologises later. Watch video
- Chinese staff operating from home during self-isolation are forced to do push-ups by their boss if app shows they were walking around instead of working
- Costly parts may push Sony's PlayStation 5 to retail at at least $470 - nearly $100 more than its predecessor
- Bigg Boss 13: Five reasons why Sidharth Shukla may not walk away with the winner’s crown
- James Comey Admits He Pushed Back Against Trump Plan to Probe Origins of ‘Salacious’ Dossier Claims
- Samsung accidentally sends out 'Find My Mobile' push notification to Galaxy phones worldwide [Update]
- Chinese woman repeatedly spits at push buttons in a lift to vent her frustration after quarrelling with others during coronavirus outbreak
- Thunder rally in final minutes, push past Suns 111-107
- McALEER & McELHINNEY: Five Reasons Harvey Weinstein May Be Found Not Guilty
The UAW Has No Reason Not to Push for Everything have 375 words, post on jalopnik.com at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.