The company is reviving the badge for more than one new high-performance variant.
Acura has posted a teaser for a mysterious “Type S Concept” due to make its full appearance in a few weeks at Monterey Car Week.
The company says the concept will preview a return of the high-performance variant line. The Type S badge adorned several models in the early aughts, designating cars with more power, upgraded brakes, retuned suspension, and a few styling enhancements.
“The Type S Concept sets the design direction for the return of Type S performance variants to the Acura lineup in the years ahead, delivering a striking expression of Acura performance with a powerful stance and expressive silhouette,” Acura says.
The company has not disclosed arrival timing for the new Type S production car. More than three years have already passed since the luxury marque launched the second-gen NSX to serve as its modern halo supercar.
- Avengers: Endgame May’ve Teased A Major Character Debuting In Black Panther 2
- New Photos From The Flash Tease Rag Doll’s Debut
- Divers find hundreds of crayons in ocean, littered off Monterey beach
- The Audi Sport Quattro Concept Is Dead Despite A New Boss From Lamborghini
- US: New Proof of Concept From Angelo White is an Eye Candy Sugar Rush
- Insomniac Teases Spider-Man PS4 Sequel Already In The Works
- Captain Marvel May Have Teased The Next Big Bad Of The MCU
- Bruce Willis' David Dunn Returns in New Glass Trailer Tease
- Doom Patrol Just Teased The DC Universe Version Of Aquaman
- Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach Debuts Resort Completion