Electric off-roader with autonomous capability and futuristic styling will debut at this year’s Frankfurt show.
The Audi AI:Trail Quattro concept will be unveiled at this September’s Frankfurt motor show.
At the moment we know the AI:Trail Quattro will feature a pure electric drivetrain, all-wheel drive, and an off-road focus. The AI prefix suggests it will feature some sort of autonomous driving capability.
We can see from the teaser image the concept will have large side windows for an airy and bright cabin. There’s also thin lightweight seats, while access to the rear is made easier by reverse-hinged rear doors.
Unlike the earlier Aicon concept, which promised level 5 fully autonomous driving ability, the AI:Trail has a steering wheel, possibly due to its off-roading ability.
To improve off-road ability the concept has plenty of ride height, somewhat chunky tyres, short front and rear overhangs, and open wheel arches at both ends.
Press days for the Frankfurt motor show begin on September 10, European time.
- Everything that’s new and updated from Audi in 2020
- Audi’s rugged A6 Allroad wagon is finally coming back to the U.S.
- 2019 Audi Q3 first drive review
- Can Audi plant its flag on Bentley’s turf with a palatial A8-based sedan?
- Audi Reveals The R8 V10 RWD
- Máximo refinamiento: MotorTech desnuda en este video el Audi Q8
- The 2020 Audi A5 gets some style tweaks and a new infotainment system
- Audi Sport’s RS3 and TT-RS: The same engine but very different cars
- 2019 Audi A6 first drive review
- Audi TT: A practical, luxurious car but price is a dampener