Benelli India plans to launch a new cruiser motorcycle by 2020 – the 502C. The latest development was recently revealed by Vikas Jhabakh, Managing Director, Benelli India. The 502C will most likely arrive before the Imperiale 400 budget model that will be heavily localised for aggressive pricing.
IAB had covered the Benelli 502C in detail at the 2018 Thai Moto Expo. The Chinese power cruiser has an uncanny resemblance to the Ducati XDiavel cruiser. Its front fascia packs a skull-shaped headlight with LED setup, LED blinkers and LED taillight for a premium look. The hardware specifications include upside-down telescopic suspension at the front, monoshock suspension at the back, dual petal-type discs at the front and a digital instrument console.
Other key features on the motorcycle include a tubular trellis frame, low rider seat height, forward set footpegs, a tall handlebar, underbelly exhaust and muscular styling. The tyre hugger mounted rear blinkers, number plate and the illuminator give the motorcycle a compact and premium look.
The 502C is propelled by a 500 cc parallel-twin cylinder, liquid-cooled mill that churns out 47.5 PS of peak power and 46 Nm of max torque. The top speed of the motorcycle is rated at 160 km/h. Anchoring hardware, as mentioned above, includes twin petal-type discs at the front and a single petal-type disc at the back. Safety tech on the motorcycle comprises dual-channel ABS.
The cruiser will arrive via the CKD route for assembly in India. Benelli India will launch two new quarter-litre products as well, possibly the TRK 251 and the Leoncino 250. Regular readers would know that the company has already launched the 500 cc variants of the TRK and Leoncino family in the Indian market.
The company has also expressed interest in competing in the electric two-wheeler space in our market. The Chinese owned Italian two-wheeler brand stated in social media post:
We are also actively exploring the EV (Electric Vehicle) opportunity in the Indian market. This is based on the clear indication from the government about a shift in focus from combustion engines under the 150 cc category to electric mobility.
While Benelli India has expressed its interest in the electric two-wheeler space, it has remained silent on the launch timeline for now.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Galaxy A20s India Price, Redmi 8 Teasers, Call of Duty: Mobile, and More Tech News This Week
- India is banning all e-cigarettes over fears about youth vaping
- The 10 counties that will decide the 2020 election
- BizTrends 2020: Make the vision Towards Africa 2020 possible
- How ‘Trump Trauma’ could hand the Democrats a victory in 2020
- What the experts say about the 2020 Lexus LX
- Cruisers gear up for car show fundraiser
- 'Pakistan could have 200 nuclear weapons by 2020'
- One Direction’s Scooby Doo tour bus that cost £70,000 to convert into luxury cruiser is up for sale
- Trump sets sights on Indian American voters ahead of 2020