ESTES PARK — A 31-year-old Thornton man suffered serious injuries as a result of a lightning strike inside Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP), according to a release from the park.
The man was hiking below the treeline between Dream Lake and Lake Haiyaha on Saturday afternoon when the lightning strike occurred, the release said. Other hikers found him injured along the trail and called park rangers. It is not known whether the man was directly struck by the lightning, according to the park.
RMNP Search and Rescue team members provided medical care to the man. Team members brought him down the trail in a wheeled litter to the Bear Lake Trailhead.
For more on this story visit 9News.com.
- Lightning strike at PGA Tour Championship leaves at least 6 people injured
- Lightning strikes kill five and injure 100 in Poland and Slovakia
- Lightning strike to down Leeds Chiefs and win first game
- Man injured after fire reported in McDonald's
- Man injured woman with van and threatened man with machete
- Regina man injured in Friday night explosion and garage fire dies in hospital
- Man injured into two-car smash
- Man injured in two-car smash
- Masked man injures worker while allegedly stealing cash register from store: Halifax police
- Man injured in paramilitary-style hammer attack