Gordon Engelhardt Evansville Courier & Press Published 10:56 AM EDT Aug 16, 2019 When the Evansville Otters signed Elijah MacNamee on July 20, their Twitter account blew up. Suddenly, they had 1,200 more followers. Not only were the Otters getting a quality bat, they were getting a social media bonanza. “Elijah plays with so much emotion that he became a fan favorite at Mississippi State,” said Otters owner Bill Bussing. “They called him ‘Big Hit Mac.’ He hit two walk-off home runs in the postseason last year and then hit a home run in his final at bat at home this year not long after his grandfather had passed away. I saw a replay. There were 11,000 people there, and they went crazy.” Otters spokesman Preston Leinenbach said MacNamee generated 1,200 new Twitter followers on the team’s account within 24 hours of his signing. Around 20 Mississippi State fans have made the eight-hour drive from Starkville to Evansville to watch him. “I pulled into the parking lot at Bosse Field during his first series and found a Mississippi State RV,” Bussing said. ”Someone had driven up from Starkville to watch him play.” Mississippi State’s fan base is crazy as it is, said MacNamee, relaxing… Read full this story
- As Biden focuses on policy, are we secretly missing the Trump drama?
- Mean Girls: where are the cast now?
- Best podcasts 2021: what's worth listening to right now
- Here's the Real Reason Jason Segel Hasn't Been Seen in a Comedy for Years
- Call The Midwife star Jenny Agutter on how it's harder to swear when you're wearing a habit and wimple
- Comic-Con 2017 Saturday Schedule Announced
- 60 Photos From the '60s That Show How The World Changed
- 55 of the best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- The 55 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- 55 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
Elijah MacNamee generates huge following, has flair for drama have 296 words, post on eu.courierpress.com at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.