President Donald Trump can’t seem to get his facts straight when it comes to Barack Obama. From the economy to veterans and immigration, Trump routinely claims achievements of the former president as fully his own or distorts the truth to undermine the Democrat’s legacy. On problems uniquely his own, Trump deflects. This past week was no different. Fresh off vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey, and mindful of the 2020 campaign, Trump insisted that economists don’t believe his trade disputes with China could spur recession even though most analysts believe a downturn could start in the next two years. He also claimed progress on veterans’ health care under his watch that didn’t happen and blamed Obama for a policy of separating migrant children from their parents that he himself started. President Donald Trump spent much of the week swapping insults with the Danes and Greenlanders, after the Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen rejected Trump’s offer to buy Greenland. (Published Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019) Trump repeatedly pointed to mental illness, not access to guns, as a main culprit behind the recent mass shootings in Texas and Ohio. That’s oversimplifying the issue. A recap, also covering fuel economy standards and judges: ECONOMYTRUMP: “I… Read full this story
- Fact check: Trump made 15 false claims during quiet week in Florida
- Fact-checking Trump (and others) at CPAC
- Fact check: Trump falsely accuses Pelosi of defending Soleimani, whom she called 'a terrible person'
- Media ‘Fact-Checks’ Trump’s Claim That Obama Sent Iran Money, Gets Facts Wrong
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump minimizes IS risk, distorts Iran payout
- Associated Press fact check: Trump, Democrats and their tale of two countries
- Fact check: Trump and his so-they-say accusations
- AP FACT CHECK: Lest old distortions be forgot
- Nolte: Watch State Dept. Spokesperson Humiliate CNN Anchor with 3 Iran Fact Checks
- Fact Check: Amidst the Devastation in Australia, Fake Images of Burned, Rescued Animals Spread Like Wildfire
Fact Check: Trump's Swerves on Economy, Guns and Migrants have 320 words, post on www.nbcconnecticut.com at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.