K-pop’s BTS is about to get some R & R. All seven members of the all-Korean boy band are going on vacation for the first time since their debut in 2013. Representatives of the band did not specify how long of a break they’d be taking. “BTS will be going on an official and extended period of rest and relaxation,” Big Hit Entertainment said in a statement on Sunday. “This [break] will provide them with a chance to enjoy the ordinary lives of young people in their 20s, albeit briefly.” BTS is the first K-pop boy group to top Billboard’s main album chart three times in the U.S. The band consists of seven members: RM, Jungkook, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin and V. Fans around the world embraced the news — 20 minutes after Big Hit Entertainment posted the statement regarding BTS’ vacation, #happyvacationbts was trending on Twitter. “The biggest response from fans was ‘Finally!,'” Juliana White from Kansas, a BTS fan since their debut, told ABC News. “Fans care about the members and want them to get some rest as well. Plus there’s finally time to review some of the BTS content that’s already been released.” “BTS members have strived… Read full this story
- Watch K-Pop Band BTS Appear as the Beatles on ‘Colbert’
- K-pop group BTS to take 'extended' break from performing
- K-Pop Band BTS to Serve in South Korean Armed Forces
- K-pop band BTS smashes Taylor Swift's YouTube record
- MMA2019: K-pop band BTS trend worldwide
- Deaths of Goo Hara and Sulli highlight tremendous pressures of K-pop stardom
- No, Simon Cowell, it's not 'time for UK-Pop'
- BTS! We haven't seen boy-band fandom like this since the Beatles
- BTS' new music video breaks YouTube record for most views in 24 hours
- Toni Braxton turns back the clock as she performs her 1996 hit Un-Break My Heart at the American Music Awards
K-pop locomotive BTS announces break from performing have 305 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.