A high-performance plug-in hybrid version of the Porsche Cayenne SUV will expand the German brand’s portfolio of electrified models.
Like the already on-sale Panamerica plug-in variant, the Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid is pitched as a flagship model in the SUV range.
Both the traditional SUV and coupe Cayenne body styles are getting the plug-in treatment. The powertrain combines a 4.0-litre petrol V8 engine with a 100kW electric motor to offer combine output of 680hp and 900Nm of torque. Power is routed to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The 14.1kWh battery pack is installed beneath the load-space floor and can be recharged within six hours at a conventional 230-volt power output, or 2.4 hours via a 7.2kW AC charger.
Both models have a top speed of 183mph and can sprint from 0-62mph in 3.6 seconds. Porsche claims a range of 25 miles on electric power alone, at speeds of up to 84mph, while fuel economy is measured at between 72 and 76mpg, with CO2 emissions of 85 to 90g/km.
As a range-topping model the plug-in Cayenne standard specification includes an electric roll stabilisation system, ceramic brakes, 21-inch lightweight alloy wheels and air suspension. Optional extras include 22-inch alloy wheels and rear-wheel steering.
A less performance-focused hybrid has also been added to the Porsche Cayenne Coupe range, alongside the existing Cayenne E-hybrid. Power output is 460hp with 700Nm of torque and a 22-mile electric driving range, and the two versions also now employ a petrol particulate filter to meet latest emissions regulations.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert:
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Makes 455 HP
- The 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Is More Powerful And The First Porsche With 22-Inch Wheels
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Unveiled With 455 HP
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Unveiled @ Top Speed
- Porsche Cayenne tuned by... Porsche
- Porsche Cayenne Coupe Coming This Year
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Delivers 455 Horsepower
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid: the subtly earthy type
- E3 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid revealed with 462 PS
- 2019 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid: 4 Changes That Spice Up This Cayenne