Industrial zone real estate stocks recorded the strongest rise last week. VNS Photo Trương Vị HÀ NỘI — Shares are forecast to suffer this week after negative developments in US-China trade relations. Việt Nam’s benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange finished last week down 0.09 per cent to close at 974.34 points. The index had lost a total of 1.69 per cent on a weekly basis. An average of 207.5 million shares was traded in each session on the southern bourse, worth VNĐ5.4 trillion (US$230.8 million). According to Nguyễn Thế Minh, head of analysis at Yuanta Securities Vietnam Co, the market will be strongly affected by recent geopolitical developments, especially the escalating US-China trade war. This may dampen investor sentiment and increase caution, Minh told news site tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn. Ngô Quốc Hưng, professional senior market researcher, Market Strategy Division, MBS Securities, said despite the spreading wave of lowering interest rates by central banks over the world, US-China trade tensions and the fluctuation of China’s yuan is making investors nervous. Global stock markets have experienced strong declines in recent weeks, high bond prices have caused sharp falls in interest rates and safe assets such as gold and Japanese yen… Read full this story
- China’s economy slows again as trade war threatens global slump
- BMW, Mercedes-Benz ensnared again in U.S.-China trade war
- India to Court Foreign Manufacturers Away From China to Capitalise on Trade War - Reports
- Trade wars cost U.S, China billions of dollars each in 2018
- Farmers get impatient with Trump's trade war: 'This can't go on'
- HCMC Food Association helps enterprises expand local market
- Securities, consumer staples boost local market
- China Threatens to ‘Weaponize’ Rare Earths in Trade War Escalation
- Trump Wanted a Trade War. Any Trade War. He Picked South Korea.
- Port of Los Angeles slammed in May; pandemic, trade war endanger peak season
Prolonged trade war threatens local market have 308 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.