Aug 17, 2019Umar FarooqPakistan correspondent, ESPNcricinfo FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintTest cricket might just return to Pakistan later this year. Sri Lanka could be open to playing at least one Test in the country, after a security delegation visited Lahore and Karachi, and gave SLC “very positive feedback”. If everything goes to plan, Pakistan could host its first Test match since the Lahore attack on Sri Lanka’s team bus in March 2009.The series against Sri Lanka, Pakistan’s first of the World Test Championship, was originally supposed to be played at a neutral venue, but the PCB made SLC an offer to play in Pakistan. With the offer in mind, SLC sent a security delegation headed by Mohan de Silva to assess security arrangements.The security report, ESPNcricinfo understands, was tabled on Friday in Colombo. “The feedback we got from the security team was very positive,” SLC CEO Ashley de Silva said. “We’ll be talking to the PCB about some alternatives before we arrive at a decision. The government will be consulted as well.”The biggest concern is understood to be obtaining the players’ consent to tour Pakistan. A Sri Lanka team played one T20I in Lahore in October 2017, but did so without a number… Read full this story
- Kumar Sangakkara Optimistic Sri Lanka Will Stage England Series Despite Attacks
- Mahinda Rajapaksa: Sri Lanka's saviour or war criminal?
- ‘The biggest game changer in 100 years’: Chinese money gushes into Sri Lanka
- Visitor Traffic to Sri Lanka keeps growing
- India vs England: Hosts Rout India By An Innings And 159 Runs In 2nd Test, Lead Series 2-0
- Women’s cricket at the 2022 Commonwealth Games: A leap forward
- Professional Cricketers' Association Chief Apologises For Moeen Ali Comments
- Moeen Ali Should Take Booing as a Compliment: England's Professional Cricketers' Association Chief
- Thirimanne wants focus to move from security to cricket
- The ultimate room with a cricketing view – Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, where you can watch the action in bed
Sri Lanka mull playing Test cricket in Pakistan have 317 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.