By Holly Andres | [email protected] | Daily News PUBLISHED: August 2, 2019 at 6:00 am | UPDATED: August 2, 2019 at 6:01 am There’s always something interesting to do in the San Fernando Valley and greater Los Angeles area. Here is a sampling of entertainments this week and also save-the-date events to put on your calendar. EVENTS Animanga 2019: Anime, cosplay and gaming convention with an arcade, guest celebrities signing autographs, tournaments and vendors, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Aug. 2-4. Admission $15. Fairplex Convention Center, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona. www.animangausa.com Weedmaps Museum of Weed: History of cannabis exhibits, opens 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Aug. 3. Minimum age 18. Hours: 2-8:30 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday; noon-midnight Friday; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday (VIP only 8 p.m.-midnight); noon-7 p.m. Sunday. Museum is open through Sept. 29. Admission $35; VIP $200 (must be 21). 720 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles. themuseumofweed.com Summer Night Sky Festival at Paramount Ranch: Event on Aug. 3 includes: children’s activities (7-9 p.m.); Hupa Native American Kat High presents Native American night sky stories (7-8:30 p.m.); a National Park Service ranger leads two short hikes to look for bats (7:30 and 8:30 p.m.); Travis Longcore, an associate adjunct professor at UCLA’s Institute of the… Read full this story
- Felony Suspect Arrested After Leading Police On High-Speed Chase Across San Fernando Valley
- High-Speed Chase Winds Through San Fernando Valley
- These 5 international hot pot chains are taking over the San Gabriel Valley
- Is this the Bay Area's most overlooked monument?
- Coronavirus Scare | Otter Bowl | RIP Kobe Bryant: LA Today
- San Diego delights: Just what is there to see in California's forgotten second city?
- How long does it take for a newcomer to become a San Franciscan?
- Bay Briefing: Coronavirus — what Bay Area residents need to know
- San Francisco French restaurant La Folie to close after 32 years
- Crescenta Valley Students Create App To Curb Vaping At Their School
Things to do in the San Fernando Valley, LA area, Aug. 2-9 have 304 words, post on www.dailynews.com at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.