A hot hatch with 520 PS and 720 Nm? That’s the Ford Focus RS tweaked by Mountune. The famous Ford tuner has introduced two new power upgrade packages called the m450 and m520. Both upgrade kits replace the original turbocharger with a specifically engineered BorgWarner EFR Series turbocharger to dramatically increase outputs.
The m450 package sees the OE turbo replaced with the Mountune configured BorgWarner EFR-6758 turbocharger for a 50 PS boost to the 2.3 litre EcoBoost engine. Utilising the unique “Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel”, the m450 takes max output to 450 PS and 580 Nm of torque.
The inclusion of “Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings” delivers quicker acceleration and higher speeds thanks to lower friction and increased response rates from the new turbo.
Click to enlarge
Also in the m450 kit are the Mountune Ni-resist Cast Turbo Adapter, V-band high flow sports cat and downpipe, Turbocharger Gasket Set, Mountune 5-Ply Compressor Outlet/Inlet Silicone Elbow and Stainless-Steel Hose Clamp Set.
The m520 package takes the discontinued all-wheel-drive RS to a whole new level. While some of the m450 package remains for the m520, the turbo has been upgraded again, to a Mountune configured BorgWarner EFR-7163 unit.
In addition, the m520 also includes an XtremeDi uprated Di fuel pump and revised/uprated camshafts and valve train, which together with the turbo and a revised ECU calibration, take headline figures to 520 PS and 700 Nm.
With the m450 and m520 packages including all hardware, fittings, and hoses needed for the installation, both kits are an easy addition to those already running the m400R or m400X.
The m450 and m520 upgrades are available to purchase now starting from £2,950 (RM14,966) and £5,975 (RM30,313) respectively, including UK VAT. The new products will soon be available on the Mountune online store, the Brentwood-based company says.
“Please be aware that both kits require engine internal hardware modifications to ensure the RS achieves the desired performance safely and reliably,” the disclaimer states. Crazy stuff!
GALLERY: Ford Focus RS
- New Snap Kit lets developers build Snapchat features into their apps
- littleBits Launches Three New Electronics Kits for Young Inventors
- Kids Can Build, Drive Mars Rovers with New littleBits Kit
- This new Lego kit will help teach kids the basics of programming — and give them skills they can use in their future careers
- Former White House Aide Boris Epshteyn Blasts the New Yorker for Focus on Russian Heritage
- NUS Researchers Invent New Test Kit for Quick, Accurate and Low-Cost Screening of Diseases
- New site puts Focus on films
- Epic Games opens new studio to focus on game streaming
- Xiaomi launches new smartphone brand focused on photography
- New Zealand confabs focus on financing