India Yamaha Motor has confirmed that its BS-VI compliant motorcycles will arrive beginning in November. The BS-VI compliant scooters, on the other hand, will start rolling out from January next year, well before the deadline of April 2020.
In a press statement Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies revealed the launch timeline, features and the expected price increase for the BS-VI models. Shitara said:
The company will rejig its line up with BS VI compatible motorcycles and scooters in several phases starting as early as November 2019 for motorcycles and January 2020 with scooters.
Speaking about the price hike, Shitara added that the changes will depend on the product features. He said:
The hike in production cost for launching BS-VI variants may impact the pricing of the two wheelers varying between 10%-15% on average depending upon the product features.
The press statement also confirmed that India Yamaha Motor will add ‘Side stand switch’ to select models. The feature prevents the engine from starting until the side stand is engaged. The statement added:
The company however, will standardize offsetting benefits in selected two-wheeler models like ‘Side stand switch’. This feature prevents the engine to start till the side stand is withdrawn completely. Yamaha will continue to work towards providing innovative technologies & exciting products for the Indian market.
It will be interesting to see an engine Stop/Start technology on Yamaha products. Currently, the feature is offered by Hero MotoCorp (Idle Stop-Start System – i3S). Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India will use similar technology on its BS-VI compliant Activa 125. Aimed to enhance the fuel economy, the Stop/Start tech switches off the engine during long halts, and turns it back ON when the accelerator is engaged.
In other updates, India Yamaha Motor recently updated its product portfolio with the launch of the MotoGP Editions of the YZF-R15 V3.0, FZ25 and the Cygnus Ray ZR. The MotoGP Editions retail at a marginal premium over the standard models and feature Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP bike inspired paint-job and graphics.
- 2020 Yamaha MT-15 BS-VI Unveiled: Here Are All The Details!
- Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch This Year
- Honda Activa 125 BS-VI review: Zooming into the future
- Buying a BS-VI car next year? Get ready to shell out more
- Suzuki Motorcycle to shift to BS VI mode from Jan. 20
- Bet on these 5 stocks for double digit return as recovery likely in auto in H2FY21 after last hurdle BS-VI
- BS-VI effect: Auto firms see PV sales rising in December
- BS VI pre-buying to boost demand: VECV
- Hyundai plans to start rolling out BS6 models early next year
- Audi to launch 10 new models in India next year