I recently hired a 2019 Camry Ascent for two weeks and it had only 1500km on the clock. I feel quite comfortable in writing a review considering I also own a 2012 Camry Hybrid H.
- If you have owned the previous shape Camry, this is an absolute revelation in terms of quietness and ride. It is extremely supple, and handles bumps very well. The previous Camry’s ride was very jiggly whereas this is so much more settled in its composure. It also handles much better and I’d say a lot is attributed to the increase to 17-inch wheels for base models.
- Some decent standard kit, including LED auto headlights (that are excellent and have auto high beam), not-too-aggressive lane departure alert and radar cruise only above 40km/h. Bluetooth connects quickly and the sound system, for a stock unit, absolutely craps all over the previous shape.
- Amazing Denso air conditioning. I don’t think anyone can beat Toyota for air con.
- A very comfortable and spacious interior, excellent seats and visibility. There’s plenty of storage room throughout cabin and a very big boot.
- This was going to be a con, but the gearbox is actually very good. When you’re cruising very lightly, the gearbox will change up very early, most likely in pursuit of fuel efficiency. When you need to overtake it kicks down swiftly and feels like it skips a gear. However, I was going to say that when it’s cold it seems to thump into gear until it warms up.
- The fuel economy was okayish and we averaged 9.5 litres per 100 kilometres with mostly city driving.
If you’re looking to buy one, I’d pay a bit more and get a hybrid or a V6. Sorry if this isn’t a review as such, and is more a pro vs con, however I had the Camry for a short time and had zero emotional attachment, so I felt like this was the best way to convey my thoughts!
- Surgent Announces 2019 CPA and Exam Review College Scholarship Winners
- Sony Xperia Z5 review
- Toyota RAV4 TRD Pro Probably Won't Happen
- All you need to know about Toyota Avanza 2019
- The Best Mobile Tax Apps for 2019
- Toyota going all-in on Chinese market, cites future of country
- Best Cyber Week 2019 Deals: Top deals still available [Updated]
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 review
- Reviews arrive days before the iMac Pro launch, and it’s a big performance jump
- Riva Audio Turbo X Bluetooth Speaker review