As a result of listening to rider feedback, select models in the 2020 Indian Motorcycle lineup will come, for the first time, with its Thunder Stroke 116 V-twin. Displacing 1,901 cc in metric measurement, the Thunder Stroke twin is air-cooled and features 168 Nm of torque.
The Thunder Stroke 116 mill will be standard in the following Indian Motorcycle models – Springfield Dark Horse, Chieftain, Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Limited, Chieftain Elite, Roadmaster and Roadmaster Dark Horse. The current model Thunder Stroke 111 1,819 cc power plant will also be available for the Chief Dark Horse, Chief Vintage, Chieftain Classic and Springfield.
Coming with a blacked out finish and chrome accents, the Roadmaster Dark Horse features a streamlined fairing, slammed saddlebags, 19-inch front wheel with open fender and an extended reach Rogue gunfighter seat. Standard fitment on the Roadmaster Dark Horse along with the 116 engine is a touring trunk, lower fairings, heated grips and a mid-adjustable windscreen.
As Indian Motorcycles top of the line premium market bagger, the Chieftain Elite will come with streamlined fairing and slammed saddlebags for 2020 along with a PowerBand audio system 50% louder than the standard model. For the coming year, the Chieftain Elite comes in a two-tone Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Candy paint job, with matching motor highlights and badging, Precision Machined Elite wheels, Pinnacle mirrors, Select floorboards, and a Flare Windshield.
Also updated for 2020 is Indian Motorcycle’s Ride Command with Connected Services, a completely redesigned infotainment system for next year’s riding season. Displayed on a 7-inch screen, the 2020 Ride Command comes with a new quad-core processor for better display performance with new features including traffic and weather overlays, predictive destination search and improved customisable displays.
Handling for the 2020 Springfield and Chief Dark Horse is improved with the installation of a 17-inch front wheel that gives more front end stability. As for the 2020 Roadmaster, weight has been reduced with a redesigned trunk rack for a different style.
2020 colour options for Indian Motorcycles with the Thunder Stroke 116 include the Chieftain in Titanium Smoke, Chieftain Dark Horse in Thunder Black Smoke, Ruby Smoke and Titanium Smoke, while the Chieftain Limited comes in Thunder Black Pearl, Radar Blue and Thunder Black Pearl with graphics package. Meanwhile, the Chieftain Elite can be had in Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Red Candy, as mentioned earlier.
The Springfield Dark Horse comes in Thunder Black Smoke, Sagebrush Smoke and White Smoke for 2020, while the Roadmast has four colour choices – Thunder Black, Burgundy Metallic, Pearl White over Titanium Metallic with black pinstripe and Titanium Smoke over Thunder Black Smoke with silver pinstripe. Rounding out the stable of Thunder Stroke 116 Indian Motorcycle cruisers is the Roadmaster Dark Horse which comes in three paint options – Thunder Black Smoke, White Smoke and Ruby Smoke.
- 3rd ODI: Why Are Indian Cricketers Wearing Black Armbands in Bengaluru?
- Mariah Carey celebrates Songwriters Hall of Fame induction with gold balloons and her eight-year-old twins
- Delhi assembly election 2020: Arvind KejriwaI guarantees 24-hour power, piped water to Delhi
- Indian Players Wear Black Armbands In 3rd ODI To Pay Tripute To Bapu Nadkarni
- Samsung Galaxy M30s to Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, check top Amazon Great Indian sale offers on budget phones
- Indian school teacher becomes 1st foreigner to contract SARS-like China virus
- Indian team wear black arm bands to honour Bapu Nadkarni
- MS Dhoni's future at Chennai Super Kings: N Srinivasan makes big statement, confirms MSD will be released after IPL 2020
- Indian School Teacher in Shenzhen Becomes First Foreigner to Contract Coronavirus in China
- Trump, Merkel, Imran Khan and Over 100 Indian CEOs to Visit Davos for World Economic Forum